Looking for a particular topic? Use our Keywords page to locate the sermons by popular topics.
|Components of Prayer
|Daniel 6:10 (Part of the Miscellaneous series).
- We must pray in the Holy Ghost.
- We must commit to prayer. One must make a commitment to God before they can commit to praying to Him. Real prayer takes a commitment, a sacrifice from something else in order to keep the commitment. We as a fleshly person do not want to have or make another commitment. Have you committed to God a time and a place? Does prayer work? How many of you commit to prayer? Most don't commit meaning they are hypocrites because they believe in the power of prayer but unwilling to pray.
- We must find a place to pray. One can't pray with things happening around you, distractions. You must have a oneness with God. One can't read a book and pray too. One can't watch or have the tv on and pray at the same time. The flesh is weak and is easily distracted.
- The attitude of prayer needs to be humbling. Pride is the number one problem. Pride will tell you that you just prayed yesterday. We must also live righteously. One can't live like the devil today and tomorrow pray like nothing ever happened yesterday. If one has acknowledged sin in their heart then God will not hear them when they pray.
- Daniel committed to prayer three times a day because he had read that David committed to prayer morning, noon and night. The quantity is not what's important now, it's the quality. Effectual prayer is what's needed.
|Preached by Tommy Boring on August 17, 2016 (Wednesday).