Looking for a particular topic? Use our Keywords page to locate the sermons by popular topics.
How To Be Happy (Psalm 1:1-6)Tim Martin, August 13, 2017
Part of the Miscellaneous series, preached at a Sunday Evening service
What's going on in our world right now? Just a few years ago folks loved to worship God and couldn't wait to worship God and depending on God for everything. The devil has come to steal, kill and destroy. For all of us there is two parts to us, a flesh and a spiritual. Blessed is the man that doesn't walk with the world. Satan doesn't want us to tell anyone about the goodness of God or invite folks or even yourself to church. So how can a man or woman be happy? There is only one thing that can make one happy. Which would you rather have, something that's temporary or something that's eternal?
- To truly be happy you must be born again. You must personally know Jesus Christ.
- A prayer life is the next thing to have happiness. If you have a prayer life you can stay close to God.
- Stay in your bible, make a set time to read His word. It will help you stand when you can't stand on your own.
- You must also be a committed Christian. You should be committed to God, your church membership and your fellow Christian brothers and sisters.
- One should also be assured in Jesus Christ and His word. The time is fast approaching to His second coming. The signs are right in front of us and are taking place every second, everyday.
- We must believe the Word. Just because the pastor says it doesn't mean it's the gospel. The pastor is just as human s the next and we should know the bible and its life and not the pastors or anyone else's.
|« The Laver||None||Get On Board the S.S. Grace »|
1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 4The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish. (KJV)