Looking for a particular topic? Use our Keywords page to locate the sermons by popular topics.
Components of Prayer (Daniel 6:10)Tommy Boring, August 17, 2016
Part of the Miscellaneous series, preached at a Wednesday service
- We must pray in the Holy Ghost.
- We must commit to prayer. One must make a commitment to God before they can commit to praying to Him. Real prayer takes a commitment, a sacrifice from something else in order to keep the commitment. We as a fleshly person do not want to have or make another commitment. Have you committed to God a time and a place? Does prayer work? How many of you commit to prayer? Most don't commit meaning they are hypocrites because they believe in the power of prayer but unwilling to pray.
- We must find a place to pray. One can't pray with things happening around you, distractions. You must have a oneness with God. One can't read a book and pray too. One can't watch or have the tv on and pray at the same time. The flesh is weak and is easily distracted.
- The attitude of prayer needs to be humbling. Pride is the number one problem. Pride will tell you that you just prayed yesterday. We must also live righteously. One can't live like the devil today and tomorrow pray like nothing ever happened yesterday. If one has acknowledged sin in their heart then God will not hear them when they pray.
- Daniel committed to prayer three times a day because he had read that David committed to prayer morning, noon and night. The quantity is not what's important now, it's the quality. Effectual prayer is what's needed.
Tommy and his wife Teresa were married at New Providence Primitive Baptist Church June of 1985. His first full-time church ministry was at Meadow Branch Primitive Baptist Church where he served as their pastor for 2 years and 9 months. Tommy and Teresa have 3 sons; Christopher, Justin and Blake.
In October of 1991 Tommy was called as pastor of Edgewood Primitive Baptist Church and stayed until October of 2002 fulfilling God’s call for Edgewood.
Since January 2003, he has been the pastor of NPPBC. His two oldest children are married and live in the Maryville area. He and Teresa welcomed their first grandchild towards the end of 2015.
|« Always In Love||None||The Object of the Gospel »|
10Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime. (KJV)